Another project done! I actually had a white petticoat skirt I made a couple of years ago, but there were some issues with it so it was axed in the great purge. This is the replacement!
As with most of my (non-historical) petticoat skirts, this is a half circle skirt with a ruffle. I had a lot of extra fabric, so I added a second ruffle above the bottom one. Waistband is just elastic. Fabric is white cotton lawn.
The neat thing on this one is that I hemmed the ruffles with a narrow hem on my serger. Takes forever, but it looks so good! I almost didn’t add lace to the bottom because I liked how clean it looked. But of course in the end I couldn’t resist.
Check out my awesome “vintage” 1980s Gunne Sax dress, haha.
Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
- Gray floral Lady Skater
- Green dress (purchased)
- Cream floral Lady Skater
- Calico Giselle
- Calico Simplicity 1080 View A (I’m not 100% sure this pattern will work for me, but…I’m just dying to try it!)
- Jersey maxi skirt (McCall’s 6608 View D) in black
- Gauze maxi skirt with ruffle (rework gauze circle skirt for this)
- White petticoat skirt
- Brown midi petticoat skirt
- Jean Hollyburn
- Nevermore skirt
- Wrap top (Butterick 6285)
- Cropped black T-shirt
- Gray rose peasant top
- Black Weekender tunic