Finally! This one has been on my do-to list for MONTHS. Fabric is Plum Gray Rose Floral on Taupe Cotton Jersey Knit Fabric from Girl Charlee.
It’s a bit thin, so I think if I were to use it again I’d just use it for a top. Changes I made from my usual Lady Skater are:
- 3/4-length sleeves w/ ruffle
- slight V-neck
- ruffle + eyelet lace added to bottom
The brown ruffle peeking out below the white eyelet is my brown petticoat skirt. Since the fabric is thin, I’m expecting to wear this layered.
The sleeve ruffles are circular ruffles and hemmed with a narrow hem on my serger. The V-neck is made by just sewing a wedge in the center front of the neckband.
Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
- Gray floral Lady Skater
- Green dress (purchased)
- Cream floral Lady Skater
- Calico Giselle
- Calico Simplicity 1080 View A (I’m not 100% sure this pattern will work for me, but…I’m just dying to try it!)
- Jersey maxi skirt (McCall’s 6608 View D) in black
- Gauze maxi skirt with ruffle (rework gauze circle skirt for this)
- White petticoat skirt
- Brown midi petticoat skirt
- Jean Hollyburn
- Nevermore skirt
- Wrap top (Butterick 6285)
- Cropped black T-shirt
- Gray rose peasant top
- Black Weekender tunic
- Jean jacket (Simplicity 8020 View A)
- Army green jacket (purchased)
- Green spencer
- Gray jersey cardigan (purchased)
- Aurelia cardigan?