Ironing Board Cover

This project was a long time overdue. My old ironing board cover was stained and full of holes, plus the elastic was completely stretched out so that it wouldn’t stay in place. I don’t know why I took so long to get around to it, but it’s pretty simple!

I just traced around the board and added 3/4″ on all sides so that it would wrap around the top (a little more probably would’ve been even better, but this works).┬áThen I bound the edges with bias tape and ran elastic through the channel that the bias tape formed.

IMG_0461

The cover is just a quilting cotton (Midnight Pastoral Toile in cream from Alexander Henry; same thing that I used for this clutch); padding is provided by some cotton batting (cut to the exact size of the ironing board top).

IMG_0462

At last, a nice-looking cover that stays in place!

Advertisements

Potholders

I’m alive! I took a break thanks to the holidays and a stressful move, but now that I’ve finally settled in I’ve finished my first sewing project in the new place: potholders.

IMG_9246

Nothing much to say about them! The outsides are a quilting cotton, and between are 2 layers of cotton batting and 1 layer of Pellon 975 Insul-Fleece. Edges are bound with store-bought double-fold bias tape. I honestly can’t remember what tutorial I followed, but there are tons all over the web if you want to make some for yourself.

Anyway, I have four other projects in various stages of doneness, and two knitting projects in progress. So I am working on stuff! Just haven’t finished much yet.