This is KwikSew K4069, view B. Super simple! I picked the size based on high bust and actually I think it fits pretty well. I originally graded it up 2 sizes at the hips since I’m “pear-shaped” and like more flare anyway, but that was waaaay too big. I might’ve been able to just sew up a straight size.
This fabric is an ivory rayon/spandex blend (which seems to be out of stock at fabric.com). It’s a bit sheer (and obviously shows every bump in my bra) and it’s very drapey, but it also feels quite slinky and cool. I think it’ll make a good layering piece.
I actually followed most of the instructions in the pattern and did the majority of the construction on my serger. Because I hemmed the bottom and sleeves with a straight stitch (my regular machine can’t do zigzags in knits–this is why I gave in and bought a serger in the first place), they’re not stretchy, so if I make something in the future where I’ll want to push up the sleeves I’ll just add cuffs instead of turning under the sleeve hems.
Anyway, this took almost no time to put together and I’d definitely be up for making some more of these as basics in fabrics with a bit more structure! This would also be cute in a comfy sweater knit. (Maybe for a sweater I’d shorten the bodice so it ends at the waist since I’m wearing so many dresses and skirts with high waists.)
About the rest of my Wardrobe Architect plan…uh…I might’ve ordered some fabric for two more Lady Skaters and might be abandoning my wool Giselle plan. Let’s see what develops when the fabric actually arrives and I start sewing, though….
Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe
- Gray floral Lady Skater (short sleeve)
- Black Weekender dress (short sleeve)
- Green purchased dress (short sleeve)
- Gray wool Giselle (3/4 sleeve)–Perhaps to be replaced with a long-sleeved Lady Skater or two??
- Black knit dress (long sleeve)
- Red purchased dress (long sleeve)
- Brown tweed Hollyburn
- Black wool Walking Skirt (need to fix waistband)
- Corduroy Ginger
- Jean Hollyburn
- Nevermore skirt
- Green plaid wool skirt (need to add lining)
- Plain black T-shirt (short sleeve)
- White sweetheart T-shirt (short sleeve)
- Gray cropped V-neck (elbow-length)
- Black wrap top (elbow-length)
- Cream turtleneck (long sleeve)
- Black cameo Bronte (long sleeve)
- Black Weekender tunic (long sleeve)
- Black corduroy blazer
- Pumpkin corduroy blazer
- Black fleece zip-up hoodie
- Bottle green wool sweater
- Black or gray wool sweater?
- Heavy black wool coat
- Tights & socks
- Black boots
- Brown oxfords
- Brown satchel
- Black She Who Sews Dottie bag
- Black leather gloves
- Brown leather gloves