This dress combines the bodice, skirt, and sleeves of the Lady Skater dress with the neckline and collar of Simplicity 1699.
But then I swapped in an exposed zip for the lapped zip.
And added a sweet patch pocket.
Main dress fabric is an organic cotton interlock. Collar and pocket are a woven cotton I bought ages ago (pretty sure from fabric.com, but a quick search isn’t yielding the name).
This dress is a bit shorter than I usually like (poor cutting layout on my part), but I plan to wear it layered over a midi-length skirt anyway. I also accidentally shortened the bodice too much–long story short, I failed to take into account the fact that the Simplicity pattern’s seam allowance was much bigger than the Lady Skater’s. Oh, well. I just need a wide belt to cover that up, haha.
One more item down!
Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe Sewing Queue
- MAKE: Knee-length Hollyburn in black cotton poplin; white lining with white eyelet ruffle (longer than overskirt); contour waistband; elastic in back of waistband
DONE: Maxi petticoat skirt in black voile, gathered at waist with back elastic DONE: Brown midi petticoat skirt
- IN PROCESS: Blue denim Hollyburn–need to take in waistband
- IN PROCESS: Black floral circle skirt with attached black eyelet petticoat–need to replace waistband
DONE: White midi petticoat
- IN PROCESS: Brown maxi petticoat skirt–needs a new waistband and closure
DONE: Sweetheart t-shirt in white interlock (from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual)
- MAKE: Sweetheart t-shirt in black jersey
DONE: Peplum top from Lady Skater in cream jersey HAVE: Black & white polka dot Bronte top HAVE: Gray & black horses print Bronte top DONE: Black tunic top from Weekender Dress pattern
- IN PROCESS: Black gauze top–need to add shirring to waist
HAVE: Gray floral Lady Skater HAVE: Black and gray Weekender Dress HAVE: Green and pink floral Lady Skater HAVE: Green knee-length dress with neck ties (purchased) MAKE: Green Lady Skater w/ collar and back zip
- MAKE: Dress in black interlock with Nevermore collar (Simplicity 1699 view B, however, may use the Lady Skater for this, too)
- MAKE: Long-sleeve bolero in gray (or black?) linen or laceweight sweater knit or lightweight sweatshirt fleece (Butterick 5232) (currently, I’m jonesing for a ballet cardigan instead, so may change this)
- HAVE: Olive military jacket (purchased, but need to fix closures)
HAVE: Gray jersey elbow-length cardigan w/ ruffles (purchased) HAVE: Black and cream lightweight sweater knit cardigan (purchased) HAVE: Jean jacket (purchased)